Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mustard BBQ Sauce

- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- some shakes of cayenne

Put everything in a pot and let it simmer together for 20-30 minutes. This is just the right amount of time for the oven or grill to pre-heat while you thaw the meat...

Be sure to stir frequently and keep it on low heat - butter can burn!

Makes enough to slather about 4 big pieces of meat.

Excellent on oven-roasted chicken legs. I'll bet it would be divine on pork!

1 comment:

  1. I've just been looking to make my own bbq sauce! Steve and I have been marinating flank steak and then quick-broiling. Sooo tasty, but it's hard to find a bbq sauce I trust not to be too sweet. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete